Sr. Electronic Design Engineer
We design, develop and manufacture the world's leading Atomic Force Microscopes and currently have an opportunity for a senior level Electrical Engineer to help us advance our technology and state-of-the art systems used by material and biological scientists and engineers in a variety of industries.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Expert in digital design (FPGA/Microprocessor) with the ability to program such devices.
- Board and system level debugging, motion control, feedback control, system noise analysis and troubleshooting, data acquisition, power supply design (switching and linear), high voltage design, OrCAD/Cadence Allegro, Altera/Quartus.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to set goals and achieve them with minimal supervision.
- Individual must be capable of independent judgment in design evaluation and selection, research approaches, methodologies, and tools.
- Create manufacturing documentation packages including BOM’s, fabrication documentation, and assembly drawings.
- Develop test specifications, test procedures, and produce test fixtures.
- Present and influence detailed design reviews to staff and management.
- Work cross-functionally as to ensure DFx: Design for reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, test, cost, etc.
- Ability to model and analyze designs using PSpice.
- Ability to communicate with engineers and scientists of other disciplines such as software engineers, physicists, and biologists.
- Digital design experience including microprocessors, microcontrollers, FPGA and general digital logic.
- Familiarity with CE, EMC design practices and requirements.
- Skillful at hands-on development of product prototypes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- High volume manufacturing experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in electricalengineering and a BS in ElectricalEngineering, Physics, or related field, or 3 years with a Master’s degree, or a PhD. Above all, we are looking for the right individual to work in a positive, flexible, and fast-paced technical work environment.