Plantronics is a global leader in business and consumer audio communications. For more than 50 years, we’ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
We are a global team with zeal for fulfilling our vision through innovation and rigorous execution. Our company is made up of smart, highly-capable, inquisitive people who bring their best selves to work each day and treat others as we wish to be treated. Plantronics people embrace discovery and invention, take risks, and incorporate the things we learn into the things we do. In creating Unified Communications and customer service solutions, software analytics, and Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics delivers high-quality communications solutions that our customers count on today, while relentlessly innovating on behalf of their future.
Mission: We discover and invent the tools and technologies that provide a focused and distraction-free environment for you to perform at your best.
We’re looking for a highly experienced Embedded Software & Bluetooth Engineer who can design, document, implement and test AIP2 and Custom Bluetooth Protocols as well as develop software for a Linux based platform. If you are an innovative and driven Embedded Software Engineer who is excited about making an impact in one of the world’s fastest growing markets, then this might be the opportunity you have been looking for. Plantronics’ corporate office in Santa Cruz, California, will serve as the home base for this progressive engineering team. You will work in a creative and supportive environment where you will drive the development of game-changing solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design and implement “platform quality” Bluetooth software code (AIP2 and custom UUID)
- Ensure compliance with the Bluetooth industry standards, and maintain Plantronics’ position on the cutting edge of the curve
- Add exciting new features to the Bluetooth code base
- Invent new differentiating functionalities to enhance the user experience
- Investigate new technologies and develop the next generation platform
- Collaborate with Software, Electrical, Acoustic, and Mechanical engineers
in product development teams
- Plan, schedule and coordinate development activities
- Design, document, implement, test, and debug platform or product code
- Advise management in technical direction and strategy
- Contribute to
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS or MSdegree in CS, ECE, EE or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in the Bluetooth industry with practical and demonstrable experience in bringing products to mass market
- 7+ years of experience with BT Network profiles for file transfer to all major platforms (iOS, Android, Windows and Mac)
- 7+ years of experience with BT host profiles AIP2 and custom.
- 7+ years of experience programming in C / C++
- 5+ years of experience in real-time systems development (Linux, Embedded Linux, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with classic BT headset profiles, HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP/ PBAP
- 3+ years of practical experience in developing on ARM processor(s) and tools to work with them (such as YOCTO)
- 3+ years of development experience with USB, UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, GPIO, etc
- 3+ years of experience with scriptinglanguages, such as Python, Perl, etc
- Expert knowledge of all layers of the Bluetooth stack and protocols
- Experience in developing products that have used Bluetooth for connectivity, preferably in the audio or mobile phone domains – either from the host or device side
- Fundamental understanding of multi-threaded, real-time software development
- Experience in wireless communications, such as DECT, 802.11, Bluetooth, or cellular systems is a plus
- Experience developing multi-processor systems is a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively with several cross-functional teams.
- Awareness of the state of the industry and the latest developments in the sector
- Experience in developing embedded software with strong consideration for memory efficiency, low power consumption and performance in a multi-threaded real-time environment
Who We Are:
Plantronics (NYSE:PLT) is a wearable device pioneer and a world leader in personal audio communications. Our reputation for excellence is built on innovative products, a people-centered workplace and strong ethics. We’re fully committed to “Smarter Working” – a philosophy that encourages flexible work locations and collaboration as catalysts to fuel creativity. We pride ourselves on our ability to blend a casual, fun and friendly atmosphere with a strong commitment to both corporate and individual success.
Our main campus in located just a few short miles from the Pacific Ocean in beautiful Santa Cruz, California.
Plantronics has additional offices in 20 countries, including Mexico, Europe and Asia.
We offer a generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as career development opportunities for our associates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Req Id 46386