As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our Compliance Engineering team at Garmin's HQ location in beautiful Kansas City is hiring a full-time Bluetooth Compliance Engineer.
The Bluetooth Compliance Engineer will manage the Bluetooth qualification planning and certification process, and it's continual improvement. He/she will also be responsible for Bluetooth listings for Garmin consumer products. In addition, this person will build a world-class Bluetooth compliance process that seamlessly integrates with Garmin's product development process.
Other responsibilities include:
- Act as the Bluetooth qualification interface with hardware and software solution providers for a broad range of product families.
- Assist in evaluation of potential Bluetooth host and controller vendors to ensure availability of QDID’s and software or firmware needed to satisfy RF and functional requirements in a broad range of Garmin product designs.
- Guide product teams with developing Bluetooth qualification plans for new projects in development based on feature requirements.
- Oversee Bluetooth RF compliance test plans and test activities worldwide.
- Participate in the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) to advocate on issues critical to Garmin’s portfolio and roadmap.
- Assist engineering teams in running/interpreting the results of Bluetooth Profile Tuning Suite (PTS) testing.
- Provide training as required for implementation of new and existing processes across development teams.
- Ensure construction of accurate PTS test plans to ensure design teams meet compliance goals for supported versions, roles and functions of Bluetooth profiles.
- Understand and interpret new Bluetooth requirements from adopted specifications as they apply to Garmin’s Bluetooth architecture and product roadmap.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators and collect process performance data in consultation with regulatory and technology teams.
- Assist Compliance Engineers, Project Managers and Firmware Engineers with mitigation plans if Bluetooth qualification issues are encountered during product development.
- Responsible for management of Garmin’s current and future QDIDs as Bluetooth specifications evolve and QDIDs from vendors expire.
- Effectively track, manage and support multiple projects and priorities.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering from four-year college or university or equivalent education or experience.
- 5+ years experience as a Bluetooth Approvals Engineer, Software Engineer or Team Leader, performing duties similar to the essential functions of this job description.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Bluetooth core, profiles and test specifications.
- Recent experience and understanding of the Bluetooth SIG Qualification Program.
- Experience in developing, documenting and enhancing a cross-functional process.
- Experience with low-level software development.
- Detail oriented, organized and skilled in broad cross-team coordination.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a servant-leader track record.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Proficiency with Office applications.
- Experience in working with regulatory and standards organizations.
- Experience with Bluetooth design and development in the consumer electronics market.
- Knowledge level approaching that of a Bluetooth Qualification Consultant.
- Willingness to travel.