We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job assumes responsibility for the authority and accountability of the management of designated laboratory areas. This job is key in the planning, leading, organizing and supporting of the activities and resources related to quality patient care, human resources management and laboratory function and assumes responsibility for financial management of the laboratory cost centers assigned and has accountability for establishing and monitoring operating and capital budgets. In conjunction with the physician supervisors, provides direction for assigned unit(s) in an efficient cost-effective manner while keeping quality care and service to patients as the primary goal and assumes responsibility for translating the Institutions' and the Laboratory's mission, goals, objectives, policies and procedures into effective action.
- Required - Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Preferred - Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Required - 5 years relevant clinical lab experience including 3 years at the supervisory level.
- Required - ASCP registration
- Current license or temporary Louisiana license as a Clinical Laboratory Personnel-Generalist or appropriate Clinical Laboratory Personnel license in the state of practice
- Any incumbents certified by ASCP on or after January 1, 2004 must successfully complete the requirements of the ASCP’s Certification Maintenance Program
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Demonstrates good judgement in performing duties and conflict resolution
- Coordinates development of annual budget and regularly monitors budget compliance. Evaluates existing systems for cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversees the timely implementation of institutional/department plans and objectives ensuring the effective cost management and efficient utilization of resources. Manages employee growth and development through coaching, counseling and corrective actions.
- Ensures consistent compliance with all regulatory agency mandates.
- Participates and encourages the active participation in the department’s performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of institutional/departmental policies and promotes consistent interpretation and adherence. Provides new policy information and updates to employees on a timely basis. Readily accepts appointments as Laboratory Administration Representative for institution/departmental committees, task forces, etc.
- Other related duties as required.