Omron Automation Americas is looking for an energetic and passionate Lean Six Sigma Black Belt in the Hoffman Estates, IL office to advocate quality improvement to support our Business Process Improvement (BPI) system across our entire enterprise. Reporting to the Director of Business Process Improvement, the qualified candidate will be dedicated to constantly improving Omron's processes, products, and services.
- Conduct current-state assessment of business processes and identification of improvement opportunities. Based on assessment, be able to lead, implement, and manage process improvement initiatives utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Lead and facilitate groups through process mapping, brainstorming, cause and effect analysis, business impact assessments, and project planning.
- Coach and mentor Champions and Green Belts in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools, practices, and methodology to ensure timely completion of projects with expected Customer results.
- Actively employ project management skills related to overall project tracking, deliverables management, action item tracking, meeting minutes, team communications, and presentations. Keep stakeholders informed of project status and defined deliverables.
- Change management advocate with ability to effectively communicate in their role as facilitator, trainer, and coach throughout all levels of the organization.
- Change management advocate with ability to effectively communicate in their role as facilitator, trainer, and coach throughout all levels of the organization
- Command of Process Behavior tools, Six Sigma and, the DMAIC methodology. Minitab software experience preferred.
- Direct experience with demonstrated success and results leading Lean Six Sigma projects. Including transactional and manufacturing DMAIC projects.
- Familiar with Marketing, Product Launch, Pre-Sales, Sales Execution, Order Processing, Post Sales Service and Support.
- Ability to explain difficult or sensitive information in an easy-to-understand manner at all levels.
- Ability to assist Teams on how to work through the stages of team development effectively and efficiently, while coaching the team on how to work towards, and build consensus.
- Proven experience solving complex, systematic organizational problems.
- Experience using A3 thinking to resolve problems, take a new perspective on existing solutions and utilize multiple sources of information to develop effective and efficient countermeasures.
- Ability to identify, reduce and/or eliminate waste. Understand the different types of variation and know the appropriate steps needed to reduce variation and improve Quality.
- Ability to identify both process bottlenecks & constraints and implement appropriate countermeasures.
- Be a supporting advisor on the company's end to end business processes within the CX team.
- In this role, the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt will participate in designing new business processes, work with the implementation team and research customers.
- Influences, supports and may lead best practices in Business Process development based upon CX findings & supports comprehensive change management efforts for CX implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a Business related field.
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in delivering cross functional business process improvement projects utilizing Lean Six Sigma methods.
- ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Experience with Team building and Change Management.
- Proven experience communicating with Executive staff on business-critical matters.
- Understanding of data analysis, tools and applications -- Minitab software experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows platform applications.