MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Biotechnology Sales Specialist - Infectious Disease in Omaha, NE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
AstraZeneca/MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be a member of the Area Sales Team responsible for the promotion of AstraZeneca Specialty Care and Primary Care products within pediatric offices, clinics, hospitals and key advocates located within your geographic responsibility. You will provide extensive efforts in customer education, relationship building, effective communication and analytical problem solving with internal partners, external partners and customers to achieve assigned sales goals. Appropriate utilization of home office personnel is also critical to territory success. You will maintain an open line of communication with your District Manager and other cross functional partners. You will be responsible for the clinical representation of pediatric specialty care products to physicians and other appropriate healthcare providers and where appropriate, raising awareness about AstraZeneca Specialty Care's available resources to facilitate patient access. This includes knowledge of RSV and Flu seasonality, Pediatric Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, representation of the package insert and clinical data for Synagis, FluMist, and Symbicort. You will provide education about the importance of the hospital's role in Synagis therapy, including the role of discharge plan protocols.
You will use a degree of judgment and diplomacy necessary to maintain cross-functional support and always adhere to AstraZeneca's policies and commit to doing business the right way. You will make broad day-to-day decisions quickly and effectively to reflect and support the overall strategies of the area, region, and company. You will establish hospital account and territory objectives and tactics to prioritize and sell to targeted customers, managing the territory budget, and coordinating appropriate AstraZeneca corporate partner personnel to accomplish objectives.
You will function effectively without close supervision requiring self-discipline and personal drive in order to focus on activities and communications that will support achievement of stated area, region, and company goals while continuing to build individual capabilities. You will seek out, recognize, and act upon local market opportunities central to the short-term and long-term success of the area, region, and company.
Travel will vary by business territory. Overnight, multi-night, and/or weekend travel may be required to accomplish desired objectives.
· Bachelor's degree
· Minimum of three years of Pharmaceutical/ Biotech Salesexperience
· Track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments (mid to senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community)
· Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross functional teams
· Strong scientific acumen in a highly competitive environment
· Strong understanding of the reimbursement and distribution challenges of a biologics product to take a strategic approach to capitalize on marketplace opportunities
· History of building and influencing customer relationships, and goal achievement
· Demonstrated clinical selling skills and business acumen in complex selling environment
· A valid driver's license and safe driving record
· Respiratory, biologics, vaccines or specialty care/ injectable experience
· Demonstrated experience and mastery in delivering a total office call
· Demonstrated effective time management, organizational and communication skills to prioritize opportunities and execute flawlessly
· Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
· Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
· Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
· Work experience in a medical setting (i.e. NICU, PICU or private physician office, paediatrics nursing, medical technology, respiratory therapy, physician’s assistant)
Job reference: R-026086