Description: Belcan Government Services has an immediate opportunity as a Biosurveillance Senior Scientist located in Washington, DC! This position is a full-time direct position with benefits.
• Conducts operational scientific and technical analysis in support of National biosurveillance.
• Leads the development of a variety of analytic biosurveillance decision support products that meet National decision makers’ and stakeholders’ requirements.
• More broadly, performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant scientific field in support of major biosurveillance programs or system development activities.
• Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements for further analysis.
• Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations within OHA biosurveillance products in support of federal personnel.
• Secret security clearance
• Must have 6 years of experience in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field such as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, bacteriology, virology, epidemiology, toxicology, immunology, environmental science or engineering, physics, mathematics, geology, or other related discipline.
• Must have at least 4 years of experience providing direct or consultant scientific support to major programs or system development efforts related to biosurveillance
• M.A. or M.S. degree in a scientific, engineering, medical, veterinary, or public health field. Certain personnel will require Ph.D.