About Baxter Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a BioSurgery Territory Business Manager who will beresponsible for selling products used to promote hemostasis and sealants in surgery. Primary call points are surgeons,nurses, operating room staff and hospital administration. The BioSurgery Territory Business Manager will beresponsible for:
- Achieving sales quotas through the direct sale of all of the BioSurgery products and services.
- Increasing awareness and educating physicians on the proper use of our products in on label surgical procedures, as well as the features and benefits of our products.
- Calling on prospective customers, providing technical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations.
- Monitors sales against forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential for the territory.
- Coordinating with hospital administration, supply chain management, materials management, purchasing and pharmacy.
- Providing feedback to immediate supervisor and marketing personnel for the development of marketing programs, recommended products and product line revisions as well as pricing changes.
- Must be able to work autonomously to achieve established goals while proactively remotely communicating with management.
- Position will have an assigned geographic territory which may span several states.
- At least 50% travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel.
- Individuals must live within the current geography or be willing to relocate to it. Familiarity with posted territory is strongly desired
Qualifications for this role
- Proven sales performance
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Defines success in terms of the whole organization; can develop vertical and horizontal team effectiveness; demonstrates support for other people and teams; willing to share resources; willing to participate & contribute to efforts beyond own scope of responsibilities; seeks and gives feedback and input.
- Business Acumen - knowledgeable about products and processes; is aware of how sales strategies and tactics work in the marketplace; knows the competition.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; promotes a free flow of information through the organization; proactively shares information within and across organization; listens actively.
- Customer Focus - maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect; Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degreerequired with 3-5 + years of relevant medical device/healthcaresalesexperience within an operating room environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience with hospital based selling in the operating room as well as experience managing a large territory.