Fantastic opportunity to work as a hands-on project lead, as well as technical expert on clinical trial data! This opportunity will allow the opportunity to grow into management as well, by organically gaining management experience by having 0-3 direct reports.
If you are looking for an opportunity to expand upon your management experience, while growing within the clinical research organization industry, this may be an excellent opportunity for you! This opportunity allows work from home.
This is a lead position contributing to governing functions of the Biostatistics and Statistical Programming staff within the Department of Biostatistics. Manages project timelines, budgets, and resources. Effectively assigns and communicates priorities and work direction to ensure completion of assigned tasks on time and within budget. Oversees the statistical aspects of clinical trials from design through analysis and reporting. Acts as the lead statistician on multiple projects. Represents the Biostatistics department within the company and with interactions with client companies and regulatory agencies, as required. Involved with hiring, training and mentoring staff.
Education and Experience:
- MS/MA degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field
- 5 years experience required (including experience mentoring personnel and coordinating the work of project teams)
- Must have experience serving as a lead biostatistician on multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead the biostatistics elements of multiple clinical projects simultaneously
- Or Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of statistical principles underlying clinical trials and strong statistical skills
- SAS programming skills and familiarity of other statistical packages and understanding of database structures
- Good organizational skills across individual projects, managing own and team work loads
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
- Basic knowledge of statistical principles applied to the design and analysis of clinical trials
- Ability to interpret and contribute to company policies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Evidence of supervisory/mentoring skills as shown by leadership of projects and team members
- Work is performed in an office and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
- Occasional drives to site locations, frequent domestic travel and rare international travel.
- Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
- Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
- Frequently vertical and /or stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate moderately complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
- Ability to apply basic principles to solve conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
Job ID : 142667