Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is currently searching for a Biostatistician to support a Scientific IT Program. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in the Washington, DC Metro area
Serves as the Biostatistician for Program at the Food and Drug Administration.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Specialize in the application of statistics and/or computer technology to biological or public health studies applying the use of statistical software packages such as SAS, BMDP, SPSS, or PL/1.
- Provide experience from a wide variety of applications areas such as decision science, data mining, expert systems, public health science, and education.
- Provide expertise in the integration of a variety of heterogeneous public health information systems and databases; in the interaction of information security technology and the requirements for privacy and confidentiality of public health data; in new areas of interest to public health; with national and/or international standards development activities such as HL7, and in the application of advanced scientific visualization technology to public health science and practice.
- MS plus ten (10) years' experience OR PhD plus five (5) years' experience in bioinformatics or applied science with large scale statistical analysis of complex multivariate data sets.
- MS in Statistics or Bioinformatics
- Experience in research organizations.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.