- Provides statistical support to HSRP investigators throughout the research lifecycle, including proposal preparation, protocol development, interim analyses, and publications and presentations.
- Extracts, transforms, aggregate, and de-identifies data from multiple Military Health System sources to produce analytical data sets for researchers.
- Performs statistical analyses, develops predictive analytics models, use machine learning, and other statistical and data science methodologies as appropriate to support research aims of various projects.
- Provides sample size calculations and review protocols for completeness, appropriateness of design, and sound statistical analysis.
- Develops and writes statistical analysis plans and guide others on the team in its implementation.
- Analyzes and prepares data for publications and reports.
- Contribute to the statistical methods section and verify for completeness and consistency for reports and publications.
- Work with Core staff and program investigators to achieve the goals of the research program.
- Conducts data extraction, modeling, and analysis using SAS, R, SQL, and/or Python.
- Works closely with the Data Discovery and Research (DDR) section within DHA to follow the appropriate protocols and data sharing agreements to support USUHS researchers through the IRB, HRPP, and DSA processes.
- Reports to the chief of the DDR section in San Antonio as well as to the Director of Health Services Research at USUHS.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Masters in biostatistics or Masters in statistics with clinical research experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical methods and applications in clinical research.
- Competent in SAS, R, SQL, and/or Python programming languages.
- Expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical methodology.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral.
- Relevant work experience with healthcare data and/or military data sources is preferred.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Masters or Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or related field.
Minimum Experience: 5-6 years of experience.
Physical Capabilities: Extended periods of sitting.