New Brunswick, NJ
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 64 days agoby Jeffrey Wean
We are seeking a Biostatistician who will work within the Behavioral Science - research and outcomes group and is responsible for leading in-house statistical and analytical services on a variety of health and wellness-related topics in support of clinical studies, digital health coaching products, marketing claims, and research projects. Applies statistical theory and methods to collect, analyze, interpret and summarize health-related data to provide useable information to inform behavioral science and business. Provides guidance on statistical analyses-related standards, processes and technical direction within the research and outcomes group. Ensures that all statistical analyses processes and procedures are in compliance with company standards.
• Identifies relationships and trends in data and factors that could affect the study outcomes. Applies appropriate statistical methods to identify significant differences in relationships. Conduct statistical analysis and builds predictive models for research projects to inform behavioral science and products.
• Reviews and evaluates the analyses and findings generated by health partners/vendors, and make recommendations for further analyses appropriately.
• Conducts data management, data monitoring, data validation and reporting responsibilities for clinical research projects as needed.
• Provides statistical inputs to study design, development, and implementation of research projects including sample size estimation, questionnaire generation or evaluation, and data transfer. Applies scientific techniques to utilize historical data and information in support of current business. Assists in the data collection process.
• Creates statistical analysis plan on research protocols. Contributes to finalize research and logistics plan to meet business objectives.
• Collaborates in the dissemination of research findings including interpreting statistical analyses and generating insights from research data to deliver business value.
• Prepares and writes findings and papers for sharing with stakeholders and target audiences. Writes and supports publications and manuscripts for journals and conference.
• Acts as a statistical consultant on statistical issues to other departments. Provides guidance and trainings on statistical programming issues, standards, and processes to other statisticians in the group and oversees their work by auditing/reviewing their analyses and providing recommendations and corrections.
• Master's degree in the field of Statistics, Biostatistics, Healthcare, Economics, Psychology, Behavioral or Social Science, Medicine or a related science field.
• A minimum of 6 years of relevant statistical analysis working experience.
• Experience with statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SPSS Modeler, Mplus and R).
• Statistical analytical skills that include but not limited to predictive modeling, longitudinal analysis, structural equation modeling, psychometric/tests and measurement, and/or healthcare economics modeling.
• Experience in research methodology and study design.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to working as a team and individually with study coordinators, project managers, and stakeholders within Pharmaceutical Health and Wellness Solutions.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills and the ability to understand direction and follow through.
• This position requires up to 10% domestic travel.
* Can run stats with the years of experience in the description – in R and SPSS is best. Power analysis, advising on stat methods, writing up stats analysis plans, write up papers for publication, and similar.
• Digital healthcare product analytics experience.
• Experience in Healthcare industry and/or Behavioral Science field.
• Experience in scientific journal publications.
• Strong communication skills including both written and verbal forms of communications.
• Experience supervising other statisticians