- The Biosimilars Portfolio Representative (BPR) is directly responsible for presenting Biosimilars and optimizing the business opportunities in targeted hospital accounts and clinics, and is fully accountable for compliantly managing direct account relationships in the competitive Biosimilars and Biologics arenas.
- The BPR will be required to demonstrate excellence in executing on account specific action plans that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives.
- Coordination and integration with Account Management teams and other Pfizer sales teams on strategies is required to ensure pull through strategies with key accounts as well as to effectively drive acceptance of promoted product(s) within a designated business area and geography.
- The BPR is accountable for helping gain hospital formulary acceptance, communicating contract terms and conditions and eventual pull-through activities while managing key relationships such as key opinion leaders and key leadership in hospitals and clinics within one’s territory.
- The BPR will also have the opportunity to take ownership for peer training and coaching within districts to assist others, perhaps in a more junior capacity, to develop skills in key aspects of the sales funnel, selling on value and other conceptual topics.
- The individual will report to the District Manager of their respective area.
Primary Customer Targets:
- Clinical pharmacists, specialist such as, rheumatologists, gastroenterologists, oncologists and ancillary HCPs.
- Meet & exceed territory sales objectives and manage territory budget.
- Develop & manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and cascade influence throughout territory.
- Deploy information to support the customer understanding and acceptance of Biosimilars and support the utilization of Biosimilars through compliant delivery of approved messaging.
- Leverage strong selling & influencing skills to engage customers in product discussions
- Display proficiency handling objections and reframing selling discussions.
- Implement marketing strategies, tactics and deliver key messages to drive uptake.
- Personal accountability to organize and drive educational presentations in key accounts to increase awareness, education and drive adoption.
- Establish key relationships with assigned customer accounts to achieve business goals
- Leverage scientific information to impact sales.
- Develop deep knowledge of the Pfizer Biosimilars HUB services which include patient support programs and the ability to effectively triage questions related to insurance claims.
- Comply with all Pfizer policies, procedures and code of business conduct.
- Hospital credentialing as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND APPROACH:
- Attain sales goals and objectives. Utilize sound judgment to execute the franchise and company brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include pharmacists, physicians, nurses, billing, and other influential decision makers within key hospitals within a specific geographic area.
- Establish professional working relationships with key decision makers, support staff, and influencers within assigned customers, to support use of Biosimilars through developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills.
- Deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, utilizing approved marketing materials and medical reprints; discuss therapeutic strategies to educate
- Execute marketing strategies at the local level, leveraging resources appropriately and working successfully with team members and counterparts to share ideas and information to enhance business results.
- Interface with and communicate effectively to customers and key influencers regarding product efficacy and safety, product availability, treatment protocols / formularies, supply and distribution, reimbursement and coding status, as well as all payer status.
- Strategically manage all allocated resources provided including financial/budgets, medical affairs, etc.
- Track and report all sales activity as required by District Manager and sales force effectiveness team.
- Work cross-functionally in a collaborative fashion across the Pfizer organization with other sales divisions and/or supporting team members to promote the biosimilars in a compliant manner.
- Use key account strategies to maximize efficiencies & impact.
- Demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking to identify opportunities.
- Develop and maintain key account business plans.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners such as the marketing team, operations & medical to identify and develop business opportunities.
- Monitor and assess competitive environment and market dynamics to anticipate sales opportunities and prepare for potential objections as they relate to clinical, or other product-related challenges.
- Solid selling skills and objection handling
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Sense of ownership & self-motivation
- High resilience
- Focus on integrity; strong commitment to compliance and Pfizer values
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical & strategic skills
- Proven prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Results-oriented and customer-focused
- Buy & Billexperience
- Clear understanding how the medication can be accessed and purchased for use
- Purchase options include (1) hospital buying process (wholesaler or GPO) or (2) physician buys the product for the appropriate patient and bills the insurance once patient services have been completed.
- Understand billing codes for product and services rendered
- Managed care knowledge –understand the policy for the product and how it can be obtained based on the managed care policy and approval
- Understand HUB services – Verification of benefits for patients coverage
- Understand the terms & conditions of a contract for a given customer
- Hospital experience – Gaining product formulary acceptance
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to go above and beyond in role
- Ability to show leadership skills without supervision
- The BPR is responsible for achieving sales targets
- Managing territory budget
- Bachelor's Degree
- Consistent Top Sales Performer with:
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in Biologic and Hospital and clinic sales
- History of top sales performance
- Experience and understanding of hospital and clinic business organization affiliation, contracting, and managed care.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and execute in complex environment
- Strong selling skills; ability to present clinical information to physicians.
- Successful candidates will possess a deep understanding of moving customers through the P&T Committee process using selling skills and business acumen in order to develop and drive product acceptance.
- Intimate understanding of key hospital system account management within pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience with patient support programs preferred
- Strong working knowledge of reimbursement landscape (public/private)
- Ability to manage a large territory with up to 50% travel. Field based position with overnight travel, depending on business needs as required (ie. business travel, conventions, and quarterly meetings)