Bioscience Project Management
- Communicates with project stakeholders to project components, including: progress on next steps; goal development and progress; coordinating document sharing/ editing; drafting emails and documents; organizing meetings; and/or, performing other related activities. Acting as an interface between scientists and external CRO organizations, as required.
- Provide detail-oriented scientific evaluations and translation into commercial opportunities.
- Management of the transition of spinout companies.
Biotech Business development
- Contract review; contract negotiation; assist in development of translational plans for scientific programs, business plans, pitch decks, etc. as required. Communication and coordination with external parties, attending appropriate business meetings with potential partners.
- Building biotech-academic scientific partnerships designed for success
- Works with databases and the internet to develop competitive analyses of programs/products/ disease areas. How Gladstone program differs (competitive advantage) and recommendations of how to position versus competition
- Market opportunity evaluation
- Maintaining transactional databases
- Tracking business deals and progress, identifying bottlenecks; communicating with internal stakeholders; faculty engagement; ensuring communication between groups (e.g. business/PI/legal/budgets); facilitating transactions with external parties
- Marketing of technologies with interested parties
- Other duties as assigned
• PhD Degree in Biological Science or Medical Sciences. MBA or Project Management accreditation preferred.
• 5+ years experience in biomedical research in an academic or industry setting including at least 3 years experience translating early stage research into a fully-funded development program.
• Professional-level verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills.
• Detail-oriented self-starter who is resourceful and can, or quickly become able to, work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organization and independent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Consistently uses good judgment, lateral thinker, meets tight deadlines, and shows initiative.
• High level of professionalism and accountability.