$80K — $100K *
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Do you have passion for software development? We have an exciting role for a self-motivated BIOS Engineer, who has a background in hardware engineering, to research, design, develop and test our server products. BIOS Engineer will design and development of BIOS using a range of applicable technologies (e.g. programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, ITPÂs, Scopes, and other tools) and state-of-art software engineering methodologies. Ideal candidates should be proactive in managing meeting schedules, identifying risks, and delivering high quality software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop UEFI BIOS for desktop and server
• Perform desktop, server board and workstation UEFI BIOS porting
• Devise module codes for development
• Provide engineering support to customers on BIOS issues
• Verify BIOS System specifications
• Manage schedule of the project from design phase to production
• Test functionality and reliability and ensure product quality
• Work on related Linux kernel development and device drivers
• Study computer motherboard, BIOS system specifications, and configuration requirements to plan and develop reliability and compatibility
• Study and analyze the design specifications and system housing to optimize the system efficiency
• Consult and coordinate with other engineering staff to evaluate the design specifications and functions
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience in low level software development
• 1-2 years of experience with either Legacy BIOS code or UEFI code
• Strong background in software design with C, C++ and/or Assembly is a plus
• Solid understanding of PC hardware architecture, BIOS, and Linux is required
• Work independently and be self-motivated
• Must be a team player, have passion for software development and have excellent communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Valid through: 3/18/2021