Biomedical Repair / Information Assurance Tech
8 - 10 years experience • Business Services
The U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick, Maryland conducts basic and applied research to develop products, information, procedures, strategies, and training programs, and provides for medical defense against biological threats and naturally occurring infectious diseases of military significance that require biocontainment.
The Information Management Division purpose is to enable the research vision of USAMRIID with first-class computer and communication services. This is accomplished by providing IM/IT management, strategic planning, IM/IT infrastructure, software application development and sustainment, communication, network, information assurance compliance and Help Desk services.
We are seeking an experienced Biomedical Repair/Information Assurance Technician to work with the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), to conduct support to various scientific agencies inside USAMRIID.
• Responsible for preventive maintenance and repairs of advanced medical research equipment.
• Ensure compliance of Medical Research equipment and computer systems supporting Medical research, DoD Information Assurance instructions, Good Laboratory Practices, and Code of Federal Regulations Part 21.
• Conduct preventive maintenance, operating system and security patches, repairs, and customer support to various scientific agencies inside USAMRIID.
• Troubleshoot and repair associated hardware.
• Ensure knowledge base of users through coordination with vendor and in house training as necessary.
• Coordinate with maintenance, Contract specialists and Information Technology personnel.
• Act as the subject matter expert for BSL3/4 Laboratories and Information technology related preventive maintenance and repairs on NIPR and SIPRnets.
• Consistently seek ways to streamline customer support by evaluating modalities to be maintained and repaired “in-house”.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 7 + years of related experience working in a research laboratory
• A+ certification and/or Network + and/or Security + certifications
• A favorable National Agency Check (NAC) and National Agency Investigations leading to a secret clearance
• Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP)
• Must be a US citizen
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Job Order #11163