Description: Job Summary:
The Biomedical Engineer plans, trains others, and installs, maintains and repairs sophisticated medical equipment and systems utilized in the diagnosis treatment and monitoring of patients.Essential Responsibilities:
- Working under the supervision of a manager or designee, perform all phases of scheduled and corrective repairs of biomedical equipment and medical systems.
- Perform pre-issue and asset accounting, equipment installation and de-installation of related equipment as needed.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections, maintenance and electrical safety tests of biomedical equipment where applicable to maintain code compliance.
- Responsible for documenting the results of all inspections, maintenance and tests.
- Must work collaboratively with all other biomedical engineers specialties (Instrumentation, X-Ray, CT/MR, Diagnostic Ultrasound, Nuclear Med, Clinical Laboratory, RT/Anesthesia, Ophthalmology/Lasers, and Clinical Systems Integrations), KPIT, Business Partners, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) representatives.
- Individual is required to complete applicable documentation of all work performed, in a timely manner.
- Frequent travel will be required for the Shared Services/Support biomed engineers to provide service support.
- Occasional travel will be required for the Stationary Service Area Support biomed engineers to provide service support to other sites.
- All biomed engineers will be required to travel to attend technical training.
- Afterhours work may be required on a scheduled and nonscheduled basis to complete required work.
- Will be assigned to weekday and weekend on-call schedule to perform emergency service.
- Communication devices will be supplied and will need to be kept ON during duty hours.
Minimum four (4) years experience of formal and/or on the job training.
- High School Diploma or General Education Develompment (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Driver's License (California)
- Must have good driving record and maintain a valid unrestricted class C or better drivers license.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of the medical equipment and systems in general instrumentation or the specialty area assigned and identified above.
- Must be willing to work extended hours.
- Must be proficient operating PCs with Windows operating systems.
- Associates degree or equivalent in electronics, physics or related science degree preferred.
California,San Francisco,San Francisco 2425 Geary Hospital Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Working Hours Start:
8:30 AM Working Hours End:
5:00 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Standard Employee Status:
Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
A09|IUOE|Local 39 Job Level:
Entry Level Department:
Berkeley Biomedical Engineerng - Biomed-Instrument Maintenance - 0201 Travel:
No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.