The Biomedical Network Engineer is responsible for design, implementation and support of the Biomedical IT environment. This position provides specialized repair (radiology, biomedical and biomedical network devices.) and maintenance services to medical treatment and diagnostic equipment.
- Provides specialized medical equipment repair on Biomedical IT equipment in inventory.
- Performs electrical safety testing on specialized medical equipment in inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance/calibrations/security for specialized medical equipment in inventory
- Provides technical/network support and assistance to Clinical Engineering technicians.
- Must be able to recommend, develop and implement Biomedical IT solutions in a moderately complex dynamic multi-site biomedical environment.
- Proactively monitor, evaluate, analyze and resolve Biomedical IT issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Biomedical IT architecture, processes and support.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to information security architecture, processes and support.
- Performs product evaluations on proposed and current technology solutions; creates risk statements, summaries and presentations for management in an effort to identify, recommend and prioritize cost effective Biomedical IT solutions.
- Assists users in the specification, selection, installation, and/or administration of the various Biomedical IT related devices and software that may be attached to the network. Provides technical consulting to other Information Technology personnel, on an as needed basis, in the analysis of network performance
- Lead/coordinate efforts for medical device patching and updating of firmware and/or applications appropriate for the medical device. Research medical device manufacturer's resources for approved patches and updates applicable to medical devices in all modalities.
- Knowledgeable in general cybersecurity topics and activities of protection and mitigation of devices to maintain clinical functionality.
- Completes all necessary record keeping for network environment, work orders received and finished.
- Serves as a technical resource to various departments in providing expertise in the area of Biomedical IT and participates on project task teams as assigned
- Provides after-hours support of the data network operations consistent with the Information Technology/Clinical Engineering department on-call policies and procedures
- Participates in hospital sponsored education relating to job function and attends all education programs deemed appropriate by Manager.
- Evaluate new Biomedical Information technology. Assist with the planning and design of future biomedical IT Equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical or network engineering
- CRES/CBET preferred
- A+/Network+ certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of information networking principles and best practices.
- Experience with HIPAA/HITECH compliance standards.
- Minimum of six to eight years of related clinical engineering experience with a minimum of two years of experience in CE network security.
- Reliable transportation required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic