We are currently seeking a Biomedical Associate for our Biomedical Engineering and Sciences Practice in Philadelphia, PA. In this role you will work as part of a team applying fundamental principles of mechanical engineering to solve difficult technical problems for our clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and executing specific projects related to a variety of mechanical engineering and medical device applications, including the design and performance of medical devices, drug delivery devices, consumer products, and consumer electronics
- Designing and implementing custom experimental methods to address unique problems related to the mechanical performance of medical devices and consumer products/structures
- Assessing biomaterials and medical implants using experimental and computational tools, including finite element analysis
- Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and testing on the behalf of multinational medical device companies for regulatory submissions and consulting on intellectual property and product liability litigation
- Publishing at conferences and in peer-reviewed literature
- Assisting in marketing the Biomedical Engineering & Sciences Practice’s technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Developing additional expertise and gaining additional industry exposure through our unique technical consulting services
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or a related engineering field with focused thesis/coursework/project experience in solid mechanics, structural mechanics, and/or biomedical engineering
- Demonstrated capabilities in the areas of computational mechanics, experimental mechanics and research methods, instrumentation, and/or mechanical design
- Experience which is applicable to medical devices and/or familiarity with mechanical testing of implants, biomaterials, and human/animal tissue is desirable
- Ability to work on diverse technical teams made up of mechanical engineers, biomedical engineers, electrical engineers, materials scientists, statisticians, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the desire to be a strong technical and project contributor