- Provide biological expertise that represents the foundation for the development of Immunetrics mathematical models.
- Perform detailed scientific literature searches, to develop an understanding of cellular and molecular biology, immunology, physiology, and clinical trial-related concepts relevant to a wide range of Immunetrics projects. This research will vary in scope from fine molecular and experimental details to general concepts in healthy and disease-state physiology
- Participate in a variety of Immunetrics projects, which involve both academic and pharmaceutical industry collaborations.
- Critically analyze, collect, and utilize published data, while working in close collaboration with a team of mathematical modelers.
- Communicate scientific information and model design rational to colleagues and clients who have expertise in a variety of disciplines.
- Organize and analyze clinical trial data and databases from published and proprietary sources
- Organize and prepare background information, data, and results for internal and external communications and presentations.
- Maintain documentation of literature supporting model design decisions.
- Work with the Platform Manager to provide project leadership for smaller initiatives, as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with peers and management to define and assess work breakdowns, definitions of scope, and effort allocations for the Biologist’s role in proposals and contracts.
- PhD in a biology-related field is required
- Applicants should have a strong background in molecular/cellular biology, and some understanding of human physiology is preferred. Background in immunology is strongly preferred.
- This position requires exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- The candidate must be capable of working effectively both independently and in a team setting.
- The ability to explain biological concepts to non-biologists is essential.
- The candidate must be able to effective when working on multiple concurrent projects
- It is critical that the candidate be able to look past the details and understand the inter-working of discrete biological elements within the overall system.
- Pittsburgh area candidates with valid authorization to work in the U.S. are strongly preferred.