- Develop expert reviews of varying subject matter (50%)
- Develop an understanding of cellular and molecular biology, immunology, physiology, and clinical trial-related concepts relevant to a wide range of Immunetrics’ projects through detailed scientific literature searches. This research will vary in scope from fine molecular and experimental details to general concepts in healthy and disease-state physiology.
- Provide biological expertise that represents the foundation for the development of Immunetrics’ mathematical models in the form of influence diagrams, written reports, and specification sheets.
- Clinical data analysis (25%)
- Organize and analyze clinical trial data and databases from published and proprietary sources.
- Critically collect, analyze, and interpret published data into a context which can be understood and utilized by Immunetrics’ team of mathematical modelers.
- Maintain documentation of literature supporting model design decisions.
- Project management (10%)
- Work with the QSP Platform Manager to provide leadership for assigned projects, including statements of work, time estimates, and project progress tracking.
- Closely work with mathematical modelers on the development, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing quantitative models of various disease states.
- Organize and prepare background information, data, and results for internal and external communications and presentations.
- Science communication (10%)
- Communicate scientific information and model design rational to colleagues and clients who have expertise in a variety of disciplines.
- Prepare marketing material for external communication and business development activities.
- Other (5%)
- Participate in a variety of internal and external projects as assigned.
- Applicants should have a PhD in a biology-related field with a strong background in molecular/cellular biology.
- The desired candidate will have knowledge of cellular signaling pathways and how they relate to immune response and regulation.
- Demonstrated skills in scientific writing and communication.
- The ability to explain biological concepts to non-biologists.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- The candidate must demonstrate great attention to detail while maintaining a clear vision of overall project goals to ensure project success.
- The candidate must be capable of working effectively both independently and in a team setting.
- The candidate must be able to be effective when working on multiple concurrent projects, which requires the ability to prioritize and thoroughly plan workflow processes.
Preference Given for:
- A background in immunology or immuno-oncology are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the pathology of autoimmune disease or cancer is also strongly preferred.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of human physiology are preferred.
- Clinical research experience is a plus.
Valid through: 11/12/2020