Biologist - II ( Associate )
Staffing & Recruiting
Hope you are doing well!
We have an opportunity for "Biologist - II (Associate)" with one of our Direct client in "Whitehouse station , NJ / PA (West Point Plant) or Rahway, NJ".
Job Title: Biologist - II (Associate) # 21959
Location: Whitehouse station , NJ / PA (West Point Plant) or Rahway, NJ
Duration: 18+ Months
Successful performance requires a sound basic knowledge of the individual scientific discipline and the ability to apply fundamental principles and techniques to the problems assigned.
* BS Biology or Biochemistry; willing to learn and work outside of a laboratory environment; demonstrated ability to work in teams.
* Able to learn basic principles of importing items (e.g., with plant or animal materials, biologics, chemicals, API, excipients, intermediates, finished drug, clinical supplies, medical devices, lab supplies, etc.).
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
*Proficient in MS Office (Word, Exel), and Outlook.
• Complete a comprehensive orientation on the import concepts and achieve a high level understanding of import regulations associated with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS).
* Under the direction of a more senior staff member (Chemist or Licensed Customs Broker), this individual carries out research on assigned research problems contributing to the attainment of a defined research objective (i.e., determining if the imported item is subject to permits or special import restrictions).
• The nature of the work performed by the incumbent will normally be the solution of specific aspects of complex research problems.
• The problems assigned are normally short range in terms of time required for solution.
* Collaborate with Scientists, Engineers, Suppliers and others to identify the material attributes (e.g., plant or animal ingredients, purification methods, intended use, etc.,) to produce a complete a report on the items prior to importation into the US.
Applicants will NOT be working in a lab but in an office setting in either: Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889, Lansdale, PA (West Point Plant), or Rahway, NJ. Site assigned will depend on applicant's preference. Department must work with Scientists, Engineers, foreign suppliers, and the team to collect information relevant to the items being shipped. This role does not create documents or do any shipping. Individual will work within a software system to report findings. After onboarding and training, individual will interact often with Merck scientists doing research work and testing in the labs. The team supports all phases of Research imports to the US from discovery through clinical trials.