Biologist needs 5 years laboratory industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences
- experience with standard protein purification techniques including affinity, ion exchange, and size exclusion chromatography; analysis of protein purity by SDS-page gel electrophoresis; and determination of protein concentration by Bradford assay and OD 280nm.
- Familiar with AKTA PURE and related protein chromatography instruments
- Must exhibit the ability to solve problems, be self-motivated and capable of working independently, while contributing to a project team environment •
- Highly organized and effective at multi-tasking, with the ability to run several purification experiments simultaneously
- Attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records •
- Conscientious, with a strong work ethic
- Adherence to ‘Good Research Practices’ •
- Proficiency in column chromatography for proteins, protein concentration, and protein analytical techniques will be key to this position.
- Good written and oral communication skills and strong computer skills are essential
- Protein purification and analytics work, including the hands-on execution of purification and/or characterization of protein reagents for structural biology and biochemical assays.
- High-throughput purification of recombinant proteins for crystallization studies and biochemical assays using standard chromatographic methods and automated parallel processing systems •
- Lysis of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell pellets and clarification of lysates by centrifugation
- Protein purification by affinity, ion exchange, and size exclusion chromatography •
- Analysis of protein purity using SDS-page gel electrophoresis