We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
You will be part of the bioinformatics team working on and with the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples and analyze their genomic profiles, helping to find the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. Your role will be to work with Bioinformatics SQA engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to ensure the quality of bioinformaticssoftware used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments and the correct installation on production systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with bioinformatics SQA engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to develop test cases that ensure the quality of bioinformaticssoftware used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments.
- Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive, automated test strategies/plans for bioinformaticssoftware leading to successful implementation and timely project completion.
- Work with the algorithm development team to understand functional specifications, identify and design test cases for sequence analysis software including alignment, variant calling, and annotation software.
- Design, create, enhance, and maintain bioinformatics data simulators and automated testing framework to ensure excellent testing coverage.
- Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services.
- Report, track, and escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) and ensure closure on issues
- Ensure correct installation of bioinformaticssoftware on production systems.
- Strong understanding of sequencing data, annotations, and standard bioinformatics tools e.g. samtools, picard, snpEff.
- 2+ years of hands on experience in scripting, running, analyzing, and refining automation frameworks for comprehensive and full application testing, including API testing
- 2+ years of hands on experience with programming and scriptinglanguages such as C++, Python, R, Matlab, shell and RDBMS (SQL or Oracle) and software dev/QA in Linux environment.
- Hands-on experience with Robot Framework and CI tools like Jenkins or CircleCI or similar automation and test case management tools and best practices for scalability and maintainability.
- Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to work across functions to ensure successful integration testing.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA).