At Sequenom, we foster innovation in molecular diagnostics, and we have a guiding vision in enabling healthier lives through the development of our products and services. Join the Bioinformatics team and take part in expanding the extremities of clinical diagnostics!
We are looking for a Bioinformatics scientist with experience in algorithm development, and a strong understanding of statistics.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
- Cluster large amounts of R&D and clinical laboratory generated content.
- Perform machine learning, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Design and develop novel algorithms to mine through massive volumes of genetic data
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
- PhD or Master in Bioinformatics, applied Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Statistics.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) preferred.
- 2+ years of statistical analysis in an industry setting.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals and algorithms.
- Good coding skills in R, Perl or Python and BASH
- Expertise in data mining, information retrieval, text mining.
- Track record in combining analytic methods with data visualizations.
- Ability to breakdown and clearly define problems.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can organize workloads.
Requisition Number 17-83375