At Illumina we have a large number of Bioinformatics Scientist positions open and we’re scaling as we continue to grow. As a Scientist in Illumina’s Clinical Genomics Group, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop innovative solutions at the interface of bioinformatics and cancer biology.
Our group is focused on tackling some of the most challenging problems in cancer genomics spanning diverse research and clinical applications. If you are an expert in one or more of the following areas, we would like to hear from you.
- Algorithm development – develop algorithms for analysis of vast amount of studies across various data types and platforms for translational research and clinical applications.
- Data analysis – apply best practice statistical/computational methods to analyze large-scale biological data, such as gene expression, copy-number, mutation, methylation, next-generation sequencing, etc. in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Pipeline development – design and develop pipelines to address novel analytical challenges and to automate established analysis so that thousands of studies can be analyzed in a robust manner
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science
- Expert knowledge on current bioinformatics/genomics/proteomics resources available at NCBI, Ensembl, UCSC, Broad Institute, etc.
- Extensive experience in bioinformatics integration across genomics, proteomics, genotyping and sequencing data type
- Strong experience in data analysis and pipeline development
- Deep knowledge of SDLC processes for IVD development
- Familiarity with software development and testing
- Expert in Perl or Python, R, shell scripting, and/or C/C++/C#
- Ability to contribute independently and collaboratively, and to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Background in oncology or clinical experience
- Research experience focused on immuno-oncology highly preferred
- Must be very detailed oriented
- Superior written and verbal communication skills