When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
You will be part of the fast paced and multi-disciplinary Research Services group located in Santa Clara. We process a large number of customer samples on a wide range of genomic technologies including whole genome and/or targeting genotyping, copy number variation and gene expression assays and are committed to provide the highest data quality and the best customer experience.
How will you make an impact?
By bringing your strong programming skills, you will help improve the current data analysis processes, maintain current software and provide daily support to the team of analysts and laboratory personnel.
What will you do?
- Develop and automatize data analysis pipelines to handle data generated by the Lab
- Support, extend and customize as needed of our in-house LIMS system and related tools
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
- You will play a key role within the team by designing creative solutions for the bioinformatics and laboratory needs.
How will you get here?
- Minimum B.S. in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science or similar with 2+ years experience
- 2+ years of working experience in related fields
- 2+ years of experience with Java, Python, C/C++, or other object-oriented programming languages
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix including shell scripting
- Excellent cross-discipline communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Preferred: Experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.))
- Preferred: Experience with LIMS development and/or maintenance
- Preferred: Experience with web programming frameworks (Django, Drupal)
- Preferred: Experience with Data Visualization