At Codexis, we are creating sustainable chemicals, pharmaceutical processes, and renewable ingredients that make industry more efficient, productive and profitable. Industrialbiotechnology from Codexis reengineers enzymes – nature’s catalysts – and puts them to work to solve real global challenges for the world’s largest companies.
We are looking for an individual with a solid foundation in structural biology to join our computational biology group. The candidate will support the directed evolution efforts in R&D by providing insight into the structure of the target engineered enzyme. The individual will be expected to propose directed evolution strategies, analyze screening results, and effectively communicate their observations to a broader team. The candidate will also be expected to work closely with the business development group to process and analyze customer screening results and aid in the drafting of proposals.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Generate reliable structural models of enzymes.
- In-silico docking of substrates/products/transitions states in the active site of an enzyme.
- Carry out quantum mechanics calculations on reaction trajectory to inform the feasibility of chemical transformations.
- A good grasp of statistics.
- Perl, Java and/or Python programing experience.
- A solid understanding of enzyme mechanisms.
- Some background in chemistry.
- A good understanding of molecular biology.
- Comfortable in the use of structure visualization software such as MOE, Discover Studio, Pymol etc.
- Experienced in computation protein design software such as Rosetta.
- A PhD or Postdoctoral emphasis in computational or structural biology.
- 2 years of industrialexperience.
- Experience writing proposals.
- A solid publication record.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player that is comfortable collaborating with many individuals across the company.
- Strong organizational skills.