The La Jolla Institute for Allergy & Immunology, an independent, non-profit research institute, is seeking talented and highly motivated postdoctoral fellows specializing in bioinformatics and computational biology to join Ferhat Ay’s Lab in San Diego, CA.
Successful candidates will conduct research in a dynamic and a highly collaborative environment. The research will involve development of novel computational methods for analysis and integration of large-scale, heterogeneous data sets in order to link epigenetic mechanisms, such as the three-dimensional organization of chromatin, to gene regulation. The developed methods will also be applied to first-hand data produced in collaboration with research groups at the institute.
• Ph.D. with a strong background in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning or Bioinformatics.
• Excellent programming skills in at least one programming language (preferably Python)
• Proven record of scientific publications in bioinformatics and/or genomics journals.
• Ability to develop novel computational methods, algorithms and data processing pipelines.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Willingness to work closely with experimental biologists.