The Bioinformatician is involved in the analysis of large and complex high-throughput genomics data sets. Assists in developing computational methods, and integrating frameworks developed by our R&D team.
- Develop methods to analyze high-throughput DNA sequencing data
- Work with different functions groups to design experiments and implement data analysis methods
- Produce high quality written documentation including study plans and reports.
- MS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Biochemistry, similar field, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in high-throughput genome sequencing analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of genomics and relevant NGS analyses (mapping, variant calling, etc.) is required
- Experience of working with tools used for variant effect prediction tools such as VEP is preferred
- Experience of developing or working with tools to detect copy number variation is preferred
- Solid programming skills in at least one programming language, Java and/or Python strongly preferred.
- Experience with public domain data sources, e.g. Clinvar, gnomAD is required
- Experience using Linux command-line tools and relational databases (SQL) preferred
- Team player, self-motivated and detail-oriented.