Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges.
Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is seeking a highly motivated scientist or engineer with experience in energy-tissue interaction to join a growing team developing first in class and best in class technologies across multiple procedures in Urologic surgery.
The candidate must have a desire to utilize their skills in the lab to solve technical problems in a hands-on manner.
The successful candidate for this position will provide expertise on energy-tissue interaction to augment technology and product development on multiple efforts with an initial focus on kidney stone and benign prostatic disease.
Your responsibilities include:
- Performs research and development functions utilized in the development of new or improved products.*
- Proposes new product concepts and ideas; prepares design concepts and assists in building the initial prototype products.*
- Develops product testing programs to be performed by in-house and outside testing laboratories.
- Performs lab testing, conducts statistical analysis and summarizes data.*
- Serve as technical consultant to development, manufacturing, marketing and regulatory group on specific technologies*.
- Completes all engineering documentation related to assigned projects.
- Communicates pertinent information to managers.
- Independently solves complex engineering and associate engineering problems.*
- Interfaces with outside vendors and consultants and participates in customer interaction s at company site, during visits or professional meetings.
- Initiates active participation on project teams.
- Understands and enforces ISO/GMP/GLP requirements.
- Analyzes competitive products.
- Analyze research results and maintain records*
- May lead project teams in the development, verification, validation and submission of new products.*
- Interfaces with key physicians on user expectations and product features; relays in vitro data and participates during in vitro animal studies.*
- Provides support to Sales and Marketing as technical advisor.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, competitive activity and new technologies via industry trade shows and training seminars.
- Contribute to an intellectual property portfolio.
- Present and publish reports and proposals.
- Domestic and international travel (5-10%)
What we’re looking for:
- PhD in biomedical engineering, material sciences, biophysics, physics, biochemistry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in medical device industry ( Relevant experience during PhD study will be considered)
- Previous research experience with biologic effect of ablation therapies
- Experience in conducting animal studies
- Deep understanding of the generation and delivery of directed energy into biological systems and the responses of biologic tissues and systems.
- Extensive experience with analytical methods of biologic tissue analysis (biological/chemical/biochemical).
Demonstrated experience with the conception and/or development of translational solutions aimed at applying novel or improved therapies in clinical practice (e.g., applied research and/or product development).
- Knowledge of urology and gynecology is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good working knowledge of the activities required in the product development cycle.
- Self-initiator in relation to project and/or project teams
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 428097.