Support all BCBST business units by conducting analytics/research, and developing tools and processes that improve the outcomes, quality, access to, cost and utilization and management of health care to BCBST members.Job Description:
- Work closely with junior and senior analysts/researchers and business unit staff to support the Medical Informatics Division mission.Assist with Provider Profiling, Network Evaluation,Transparency and Pay for Performance Programs, Clinical Program Evaluation, Research Studies, Population Assessment, Statistical Analysis, Outcomes Assessment, Report and Tool Development, Utilization and Cost Studies. Provide junior and senior analysts/researchers with assistance in developing the above-mentioned
- Determining the optimal analytic approach and supporting development, implementation and enhancements.
- Analyzing results for multiple functions and communicating conclusions from complex models to a wide range of audiences.
- Conceptualizing, developing and continuously optimizing dashboard reporting for operations and executive management to enable data driven decision making.
- Produce visual explanations and conduct analytics/research studies related to the above-mentioned activities.
- Work closely with Researchers and Analysts to identify data issues and solutions to the issues.
- Complete project analysis documentation according to department standards
- Undergraduate Bachelors degree in any discipline with 6 years working experience is required (student jobs do not qualify); OR Master's Degree with 4 years experience, OR Ph.D. with 2 years experience is also acceptable.
- 1 year - Experience with SAS (Base, SQL, Enterprise Miner, Guide) or similar experience with programming and/or statistical analysis required
- Attention to detail, exceptional documentation abilities, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently under general supervision and collaboratively as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to participate in project design and interpretation with Research Staff
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Competent to convert research protocol to programming specification logically and meaningfully
Job Specific Requirements:
Employees who are required to operate either a BCBST-owned vehicle or a personal or rental vehicle for company business on a routine basis* will be automatically enrolled into the BCBST Driver Safety Program. The employee will also be required to adhere to the guidelines set forth through the program. This includes, maintaining a valid driver's license, auto insurance compliance with minimum liability requirements; as defined in the "Use of Non BCBST-Owned Vehicle" Policy (for employees driving personal or rental vehicles only); and maintaining an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR).
*The definition for "routine basis" is defined as daily, weekly or at regularly schedule times., Experience using Python and R a PLUS
Experience with graph database management system, Neo4j, desired
Process automation related to data and analytical processes
Familiarity with Facets & CareAdvance