Job ID 472984BR
Job ID 472984BR
Location Glendale, California, United States
Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Walt Disney Imagineering
Date postedJun. 06, 2018
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The role of Design & Construction Technologies is to drive the vision, strategy, implementation and support of our Imagineers tools of the trade at WDI across the globe on the concepts, workflows and technologies of Building Information Modeling ( BIM ), Virtual Design and Construction ( VDC ), Cloud, Mobile, Emerging and Interoperability Technologies.
Reporting directly to the Design + Construction Technology Lead, the successful candidate will work directly with the project(s) BIM-VDC Manager. This individual will have in-depth knowledge of building information modeling and construction delivery technologies. The primary objective of this individual will be to work closely with the Senior BIM-VDC Manager and Technology Studio product development teams to expand the use of BIM and VDC technology tools, methods and practices set by the leadership team at the project(s) level. It is critical for the successful candidate to adapt rapidly to our unique collection of creative, design and engineering disciplines that span a wide array of sophisticated authoring, modeling and collaboration tools.
- Work directly with the Senior Project BIM-VDC Manager to engage the project production teams in advancing technology innovations
- Preparation and execution of BIM Project Execution Strategy
- Ensure Model-based Coordination is performed as outlined by the project strategies
- Create a model management approach for each project that allows for optimized model performance and delivery
- Provide technical support for the project team across Show, Ride, Architectural and Engineering disciplines
- Represent the owner’s interests on all design and construction technology implementation issues
- Document lessons learned for all design and construction technology strategies deployed on the project.
- Ensure model performance / health, data integration and correct collaboration setups throughout the project ecosystem
- Identify technology Best Practices throughout the project life-cycle that will bring value to projects, developing tools as needed.
- Investigate innovative model-based processes by analyzing risk scenarios to optimize project delivery
- Pilot new use-cases for the model inclusive to our partners for the entire lifecycle
- Communicate / visualize project delivery information back to the stakeholders
- Consult with stakeholders on implementation of BIM and VDC technologies
- Manage, develop, and maintain the 3D authoring platforms and/or modeling of the project in multiple platforms
- Minimum 5 years of advanced and progressive BIM and VDC technologies, exhibiting hands-on experience in the AEC, media and entertainment and/or manufacturing business driving the adoption of design authoring and collaboration technology tools
- Advanced graphical, illustration and documentation skills
- Advanced knowledge implementing BIM strategies beyond 3D modeling and clash-detection to include sophisticated data management and skills assisting organizations in collecting on the benefit of optimizing design process
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting Revit modeling/visibility problems
- Advanced understanding of BIM360 and Navisworks approaches for model collaboration
- Ability to follow team coordination discussion and display relevant model content/views
- Will speak up in a room to draw attention to issues and solutions
- Ability to help team members with parametric modeling strategies in Revit
- Manage and support the creation of Project-driven Level of Development (LoD) criteria based on needs
- Basic experience with hiring outside vendors, and preparation of professional bid packages
- Exposure to contract administration process (contacts, professional fees)
- Strong knowledge of the design, engineering and construction industry working on complex projects that require very unique and in-depth multi-trade sophisticated coordination
- Advanced skills in navigating Navisworks model quickly in a front of large group (section tool, walk, rotate)
- Proven working knowledge of scope management, schedule and budget conformance and quality assurance
- Collaborative skills toward effective partnership in a highly creative design process and a fast-paced project development environment
- Advanced level in integration and support of project collaboration software such as Autodesk Navisworks, and Autodesk BIM 360: Glue with ability to lead and manage complex modeling and coordination processes; technical understanding of various types of design and construction projects, typical systems, complex systems, building coordination and trade sequencing;
- Strong knowledge of model element qualification/estimation, field measurement/modeling technologies such as laser scanning
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.