Position Description Summary:
The BIM Coordinator will be responsible for the development of engineering drawings, floor plans and documentation using BIM software. The BIM Coordinator will work closely with engineering staff to meet deliverables.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities:
- Develop piping and sheet metal plans for plumbing, process and mechanical systems using REVIT MEP.
- Develop flow and instrumentation diagrams for mechanical plumbing and process systems using REVIT MEP and AutoCAD.
- Capability to size HVAC ductwork and selection of air distribution outlets and devices based on established criteria is highly desirable.
- Capability to size mechanical/hydronic piping (chilled/hot water, steam, etc.) based on established criteria is highly desirable.
- Capability to size process piping (gas, process water, ultrapure water, process waste, etc.) based on established criteria is highly desirable.
- Read and interpret Process Flow Diagrams and Mechanical semantics and translate them into coordinated 3D floor plans utilizing BIM Software.
- Electronically filing, organizing, and keeping all drawings and all other forms of paperwork that you may receive or produce up to date.
- Effectively organizing multiple tasks given to you by their priority and duration to complete and meet deadlines.
- Assist in the development of a spatially coordinated 3D Building Information Model as necessary. The ability to troubleshoot and solve coordination problems is preferred.
- Implement and adhere to company BIM and drafting presentation standards.
Education / Experience:
- Associates Degree in a related construction, engineering or technical discipline.
- Past field experience in working in the building trades is preferred.
- Previous experience with industrial and high-tech manufacturing facilities is preferred.
- Process gases/process chemical system design experience desirable
- Must have expert level knowledge of BIM processes and technologies, especially Revit MEP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and adhere to construction project schedules.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to take ownership of project deliverables.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cost effective, customer focused, team based environment.
- Professional conduct and high respect for confidentiality. Engineering with a continued technological advantage
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ASHRAE, ASPE and SMACNA is a plus.
- Knowledge of other BIM technologies such as Navisworks, Solibri, IFC, a plus.
- Ability to coordinate with a multi-discipline team and assisting in the organization of a complete set of drawings for issue (Architectural, HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing).
- Ability to collaborate between engineering, field, BIM support and detailing staff to develop a constructible, efficient and cost effective solution.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation including CAD drawings, Blueprints, Submittals, etc.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal with mouse and keyboard for several hours per day.
- Ability to visit job construction areas and climb stairs, maneuver in and around pipe work and air ducts and work safely in close proximity to construction materials and equipment.