The Billing Systems Analyst will provide the company with expertise in the areas of building and testing products through utilization of the billing system. This individual works in conjunction with the Director of Billing to ensure timely and accurate implementation of company products and services.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Designs and builds complex billing products from marketing specifications, corporate contracts, and individual customer contracts. This requires thorough knowledge of and the ability to use PL/SQL, SQL Plus or other Oracle-based products in order to load rates directly into tables.
- Also requires knowledge of table relationships and the ability to translate marketing requirements into billing design, sometimes requiring creative thinking.
- Designs and builds tables/reports using PL/SQL or SQL Plus for Internal and external purposes. This includes the development of programs to re-rate records that cannot be rated by the billing system, analyzing traffic reports and developing reports for management.
- Audits the rating of products and services on a periodic basis, especially before and after invoicing. This involves creating, running and working various exception reports during the invoicing process and escalating any serious issues to department manager.
- Minimizes revenue loss by identifying over/under billings received from vendor invoices, reseaching the exceptions, clarifying the problem, and fixing corrections, or requesting vendor credits via the Revenue Assurance Department.
- Develops a billing test plan for new software releases occurring throughout the year. This includes testing, identifying and explaining defects in the tracking log, reporting them to department manager and retesting to ensure zero defects.
- Develops methods and procedures for designated billing processes and ensures each step is documented and readily available.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in computer science, business administration, finance or related field; five to seven years experience in programming using Oracle-based applications such as PL/SQL or SQL Plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Billing Analyst experience in telecommunications preferred. Demonstrated ability to understand call detail analyses.