Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your finance career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, analytical, self-starter to contribute to our continued legacy of financial strength.
This position will manage the day to day billing process for all New Equipment and Modernization projects for Otis North America, and will supervise a staff of 8 – 10. The New Equipment & Modernization Billing Supervisor reports to the Manager of Billing.
- Coordinate new ERP systems testing and implement process improvements
- Manage workload flow for daily work and special projects
- Generate and monitor statistics on process flow
- Coordinate monthly billing process close
- Prepare journal entries for month end close
- Reconcile retroactive billing changes
- Oversee the development and update of Standard Work Procedures
- Coordinate with National Accounts, field offices, and Collections on billing issues
- Conduct training of field office personnel on billing processes
- Manage the on boarding, training, and career development of staff
- Minimum 3 years of accounting /finance management experience
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and listening
- Previous experience as a manager or supervisor; demonstrated experience coaching and developing employees
- Must enjoy working in a team environment, be able to multi-task, and possess a solid work ethic
- Systems implementation experience a must
- Ability to work additional hours as required due to time-sensitive deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration with 5+ years’ experience in Finance or Accounting at a management level
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68729BR