$80K — $100K *
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Prepares, verifies, corrects, and submits paper and electronic insurance claims, resolves complex billing issues and provides guidance to lower level staff members to ensure accuracy, expedite payment processing and ensure the financial viability of Parkland.
- Must have five years experience in a hospital or physician business office to include four years of experience in medical billing.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must possess strong analytical skills to ensure accurate and timely completion of a signed tasks.
- Must have a working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of personal computers and other standard office equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of medical software, HCFA 1500 and UB-92 billing and various payor billing requirements.
- Must be detail oriented, possess basic mathematical skills, and have sharp analytical skills to resolve complex financial issues as they relate to multiple groups including third party payors, physicians, patients and Parkland.
- Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, good leadership skills, good verbal and written communication skills, and be professional in both appearance and approach.
- Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks simultaneously including correcting billing errors and ensuring that daily paper claims are processed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, government entities, insurance companies, and Parkland staff.
- Must be able to solve problems within the guidelines of established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to process at least 150 claims per day to all third party payors.
- Basic medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
Valid through: 11/8/2020