Billing Finance Analyst
We are looking for Billing Finance Analyst for our client in Melbourne, FL
Job Title: Billing Finance Analyst
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Set-up, preparation, validation and submission of invoices to various Government and non-Government customers.
- This includes the ability run multiple PeopleSoft queries to analyze and validate mid-period and fiscal period end invoice amounts on customer projects and reconcile query results to the PeopleSoft financial system.
- Upon identification of invoice reconciliation or billing system issues, the Billing Analyst must be able to provide specific identification of the billing issue and effectively communicate identified issues and findings to the responsible Billing Supervisor.
- Required to assist and complete actions in support of DCAA, E&Y and Internal audits.
- Must understand the chart of accounts and be able to perform account analysis and reconciliation, support Q-26 submission, and quarterly E&Y compares.
- Research accounting, government compliance and project cost issues; using available internet and on-line tools.
- Interface with DCAA and E&Y auditors as required.
- Billing Analyst will be responsible for conducting analysis related to Billing and Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for completing A/R and invoice reconciliation to the billing sub-ledger for assigned area of responsibility.
- Must be able to assist with the identification of payments and support the cash application process.
- Billing Analyst will be required to work closely with the Contracts Manager and Program Financial Analyst to ensure the contract and invoicing parameters are set up correctly in the PeopleSoft system and to verify that all system generated invoices are in accordance with agreed to contractual terms and conditions for billing.
- Required to regularly interface with Program Finance and Contract Managers related to resolving all billing, payment and cash collection issues. Requires regular interfacing with the various Business Operation Finance Managers and Contracts Managers related to billing metrics, cash collection, invoice approval, and program investment.
- Attention to detail is critical and being able to stand back to understand how the process comes together is essential.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills are also required.
- Must be a team player, who is flexible and willing to work in a dynamic cross-functional team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent and a minimum of three years of experience in Finance and or Accounting discipline.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required.
- PeopleSoft knowledge preferred.
- Strong team work required.
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions/processes.
- Results-oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working through complex transactions, systems, and interfaces.
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities.
- Able to work with minimal day to day supervision.
- Ability to build relationships and embrace change.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of management.