We are looking for Billing Associate for our client in Alton, IL
Job Title: Billing Associate
Job Location: Alton, IL
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Execute, analyze and take corrective action on a wide-range of daily, weekly and monthly Billing Control reports to ensure billing is accurate and on schedule for numerous 3rd party on-bill Billing Partnerships as well as off-bill paying customers.
- Identify & escalate disruption with daily transmission of inbound and outbound ITS Interface Files related to Enrollments, Cancellations, Adjusting Entries, ACH & Credit Card Processing.
- Identify discrepancies with individual transactions on daily Enrollment, Cancellation and Adjustment Interface Files utilizing thorough research and analysis. Identify resolution tactic and perform necessary actions to rectify the error.
- Process all Shut Off cancellations received from 3rd party Billing Partners.
- Collaborate with an extensive list of internal and external clients to resolve billing & payment discrepancies.
- Including but not limited to: Lockbox provider, ACH Payment Processing Vendor, multiple 3rd party Billing Partnerships, Credit Card Payment Processing Vendor, Claims Dept., Customer Service Dept., QA/Training Dept., Accounts Payable, Accounting, Marketing, ITS, Vendors, and Customers.
- Clarifies the needs of the customer, performs in-depth investigations, researches enrollment/billing/payment inquires, resolves or takes appropriate actions to escalate complex customer billing issues and inquiries, and provides a resolution and correspondence on Customers concerns. Accurately tracks and document customers' contacts.
- Respond to 3rd party Billing Partner inquiries related to Enrollment/Cancellation/Adjustment concerns.
- Performs account set up maintenance to correct addresses, account #'s, premise #'s, names, billing frequency, payment methods, etc.
- Generates Enrollments, Cancellations, Refunds and Adjustments as needed to correct account set up or billing issues.
- Reconciling enrollment balances, creates adjustment entries and issues check refunds in ERP system.
- Researching billing/payment/adjustment exceptions within ERP system, correct missing/incorrect data and post the transactions to correct customer/enrollment.
- Works non-water bill, non-billing enrollments, making outbound calls to take payments and re-enroll customers.
- Validates 1x check refunds prior to AP check run.
- Verify several control reports to correct data in CRM affecting financialreport and ERP enrollment balances.
- Critical Thinking
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Strong organizational, communication and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from groups of managers, associates customers and Vendors.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to display assertiveness and independent thinking in decision-making.
- Ability to resolve conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
- Support and sustain a positive environment that fosters team performance and individual excellence.
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple services/processes.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships.
- Receptive to performance feedback and continuously seek to improve own skills.
- Demonstrated experience working as a billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable agent or accounting clerk.
- Demonstrates exceptional research and problem solving skills.
- Provides excellent customer service and team orientation.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing spreadsheet applications such as Excel.
- Maintain a high level of product and process knowledge.
- Master desktop solutions system applications.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, critical thinking, and analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Personal computing experience including Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of applicable bankruptcy laws and regulations.