Bilingual Safety Manager
Well established & growing building material manufacturer is adding an experience bilingual Safety Manager to their dynamic team in Houston.
The company offers a competitive salary plus annual bonus, excellent benefits, vacation/PTO and more.
The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of safety management experience in a manufacturing environment. OSHA train and experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment. Bilingual in Spanish is required. Able to travel about 50%
Click link to submit resume and email for immediate consideration.
SUMMARY: The Safety Manager is a pivotal role and is vital to ensuring that all locations comply with the company safety policies, programs and guidelines. This person will utilize their leadership ability to coach local managers on having a Safety-First culture. Continuous improvement efforts should always advocate the safety of our employees as top priority. The Safety Manager maintains the Safety Program standards, makes improvements and revisions as needed, provides coaching and conducts audits to ensure compliance of the standards.
- Establish safety goals and objectives in coordination with management.
- Conduct day-to-day business by serving as a role-model for Shingo Principles relative to People, Process Improvement and Alignment.
- Provide leadership, objectives, guidance, support and oversight to local facilities management regarding establishment, ongoing implementation and enforcement of safety and health programs, policies, rules and safe work procedures.
- Maintain a standard Employee Safety Orientation for all New Hires prior to assignment, as well as continual, refresher training for Associates.
- Provide a method and system to each location for monitoring the effectiveness of Company safety and health rules, policies and safe work procedures.
- Monitor recommendations made by the Safety Committees and follow-up activities to improve performance, control losses and prevent accidents.
- Routinely audit safety and accident prevention results and performance of all locations through records and reporting methods.
- Encourage and promote Company-wide established safety, health and accident prevention initiatives.
- Encourage and promote open lines of communication between management, Supervisors and Associates for the free exchange of safety suggestions and information.
- Establish objectives and monitor results for safety and accident prevention activities at all locations.
- Manage and oversee safety bonus and related incentive programs.
- Communicate and confirm implementation of Safety Alerts across the network.
- Set a good safety example in your own personal behavior. This includes wearing personal protective equipment in areas where it is required, and personally complying with Company safety policies and safe work procedures.
- Performs other job duties or special projects as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a four?year college or university or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years in safety capacity of a manufacturing environment
- Experience supervising manufacturing operations with 40+ employees preferred
- Experience in a Lean working environment for 2+ years
- OSHA Training
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers whose first language is English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general and technical procedures or government regulations in English.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is required.