Purpose of Job:
The Portfolio Manager in the Central Registrant Investment Advisory group provides a full scope investment consulting service directly to clients through direct collaboration and support to non-registered or partially registered Relationship Manager.
Business growth is positively enhanced through provision of expert knowledge to client facing Relationship Managers and enabling non-registrants through creation of capacity while mitigating risk to the bank.
The Portfolio Manager is a key member of the Central Registrant Investment Advisory team and supports Private Investment Counsel through a national mandate to support regional client facing Relationship Managers providing investment expertise to clients in the high net worth segment.
Through a variety of virtual servicing options the Portfolio Manager will meet with clients in conjunction with the assigned Relationship Manager (non-registrant, partial registrant and in some cases full registrant) to provide investment counselling integrated into life based wealth advice and solutions.
Working in a highly collaborative and experienced team of professionals, the Portfolio Manager, as the named advising representative of record will manage investment portfolios by ensuring asset mix and total return meet client’s income and investment growth goals, using approved securities and models that align with the firm’s corporate investment strategy.
The Portfolio Manager, as a member of the team of experts within Scotia Wealth Management is accountable for provision of service excellence through ensuring high standards of care, client experience and investment oversight are delivered to clients in a consistent manner.
Portfolio & Investment Management: As the named Portfolio Manager of record and a trusted investment professional and partner, recommends appropriate investment strategies aligned with the clients’ life goals.
- Working with the Relationship Manager and utilizing the KYC, Annual Review processes and Investment Profile Questionnaire (IPQ) to develop an in-depth understanding of client’s needs and determine the appropriate asset allocation model based on needs, risk tolerance and objectives
- Collaborating with the relationship manager and the Centralized Portfolio Management group, uses defined investment management processes to communicate advice to clients on strategic asset allocation and underlying investment portfolio
- Developing and executing upon strategies to address unique and complex situations.
Relationship Support: As a member of the team of experts, the Portfolio Manager is not directly responsible for a book of business however through accountability for investment expertise the Portfolio Managers supports client experience through professional and meaningful interactions.
- Working collaboratively with Relationship Managers to address and satisfy client’s investment needs
- Providing life-based wealth advice and solutions, focusing on enabling client goals through a richer and ongoing client discovery process that is continuously being integrated into the client’s life plan
- Based on an intimate understanding of the clients' situation, identifying and communicating new business opportunities to the Relationship Manager, throughout the lifecycle of client relationships
- Actively supporting the client’s wealth strategy and participating in the client’s annual Financial Plan review process
- Regular monitoring of client accounts to ensure optimal profitability is maintained in each relationship
- Risk Management/Compliance: As an experienced investment expert, the Portfolio Manager ensures a strict and consummate level of attention to the client’s risk appetite while ensuring adherence to all procedures, regulatory policies, activities and guidelines.
- Maintaining client portfolios in accordance with established firm strategy which includes, utilizing established Portfolio Models and pools, focusing on client segmentation and client’s risk appetite
- Ensuring the suitability of wealth and investment recommendations are aligned with clients’ financial goals, objectives and risk levels
- Adhering to bank and firm standards, policies and business practices to ensure that Private Client Counsel is meeting the appropriate regulatory and compliance requirements as they relate to both new and existing accounts
- Escalating, documenting and reporting any unusual occurrences, suspicious or fraudulent activities, as per established procedures
- Thorough investment management know-how and depth of experiencerequired as it relates to understanding economic and market data in order to describe the firm’s investment strategy to partners and clients
- Strong ability to explain financial and wealth strategies and concepts integrated with firm-wide investment strategies
- Expert relationship management skills
- Bilingual French or Spanish
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills, with comfort working in PowerPoint as well.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication & listening and people management skills
- Results/Goal achievement oriented
- Self- motivated and disciplined
- Executes with Integrity
- Thorough knowledge of each SWM & PIC Business Line’s value proposition.
- Thorough knowledge of the full SWM product and service offering in order to identify opportunities across the SPCG Team of Experts
- Working knowledge of the products and services offered by Scotiabank partners to identify and refer clients as appropriate.
- 5+ years in an portfolio advisory, research or analyst role
- Meets all regulatory requirements to be registered with the provincial regulator as an Advising Representative
- CFA or CIM (or predecessor CIF), is required
- University Degree (Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance)
Requisition ID: 22140