Key responsibilities will include:
- Provides clinical consulting support primarily for sales, but also marketing and business development.
- Provides sales consultation and workflow analysis of existing processes within the medication management system. Identifies current areas of inefficiencies, patient/provider safety concerns, revenue augmentation, cost reduction, regulatory non-compliance, and drug diversion opportunities encompassing all medications, including IVs. Performs work flow redesign with practice change recommendations and accompanying solutions to facilitate achievement of best practices and customer strategic goals.
- Collaborates with sales, implementation, and other partners to develop customer specific strategic solution roadmaps and provides input to program/project plans for the implementation of recommended sales solutions.
- Collaborates and builds collaborative partnerships with Sales Account Executive, Product Managers, Product Research and Development teams, Interface Teams, Implementation & Support teams, Customer Advocacy, and Training.
- Stays active and engaged with important healthcare related organizations to stay abreast of healthcare trends and changes in Pharmacy/Nursing practice that impact our business or customers. Acts as an inspiring leader to readily share healthcare knowledge with internal and external customers.
- Functions as the voice of the Customer.
- Utilizes up to date knowledge of the healthcare industry to provide clinical input for new product development and software enhancements.
- Excels in supporting healthcare sales
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of hospital-based medication management processes, Nursing and Pharmacy practice/workflows, the healthcare industry, and detailed knowledge of medication management dispensing and infusion solutions
- Expertly performs sophisticated customer current state assessment and builds compelling future state business case to meet customer’s strategic objectives/vision.
- Is an experienced communicator and collaborator with partners (internal and external) to drive alignment on recommendations and proposed solutions. Dynamic speaking skills and excellent business writing skills required.
- Demonstrates leadership by being customer focused, displaying critical thinking, having a global and company attitude, focusing on results, skill growth, and continuous improvement.
- Strategically works with sales and customer service organization to prioritize activities.
- Balances multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritizes tasks based on organizational need and judgment, and handles working independently in remote office situations efficiently.
- Has a bias toward action, is self-motivated, and a self-starter.
- Mentors internal staff regarding best demonstrated practices.
Education and experience required:
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Must holds a current license as a Registered Pharmacist
- 5-10 years proven experience in an acute care hospital environment
- Experience with medication automated dispensing cabinets require
- Experience with managing infusion system with safety software/dose error reduction software is an asset
- Up to 50-75% travel required, including nights and some weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Field based role for a candidate currently residing in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, or Atlantic provinces
Base Salary - $115,000 to $120,000
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Always