BILINGUAL LUMBER YARD MANAGER
COMPANY: Our client has been in building material business for more than 100 years, and they have a long-standing reputation for its high-quality products, cutting edge technological innovation and state-of- the-art supply chain systems. Widely known for their highly automated facilities, this organization has consistently demonstrated an unwavering commitment to its associates in terms of both professional development and work/like balance. This lumberyard is part of a larger operation that includes a retail home center and a wood component manufacturing operation, and it offers a great opportunity for career development and advancement.
POSITION: The Lumberyard Manager is responsible for directing the day-to-day lumberyard, warehouse and fleet operations with the goal of maximizing productivity and profitability while meeting customer needs. This involves successful executing the following functions:
- Hire, train, motivate, supervise, and schedule personnel to meet staffing needs.
- Oversee the ordering inventory.
- Execute and log scheduled cycle counts.
- Ensure the Fleet Maintenance Program is followed
- Conduct safety training.
- Provide customer service to contractors and resolve customer complaints
- Handle special orders
- Schedule deliveries, pickups, and returns.
- Manage and ensure proper loading and unloading of materials.
- Maintain a safe and clean lumber yard
- Associate's degree or equivalent degree from a technical school
- 5+ years of experience in the building materials industry
- 3+ years of successful supervisory experience
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.