Top International Banking institution seeks entry-level syndicated, bilateral and secondary loan operations specialist. Follows established guidelines for day-to-day, routine operational and administrative work. May be required to use some independent thought to handle complex issues. Focus on execution within defined parameters, some expansion based on developing capabilities or experiences in conjunction with experienced staff. May have informal supervisory functions assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Captures credit related transactions and payments in ATLAS. Maintains operational ledgers and files of various forms in accordance with the Bank's policy.
- Handles domestic loan administrative work (funding arrangement, preparing Information Sheets, processing
- payment, etc.) based on the instructions received from agent banks and/or Lending front office on routine matters. Verifies that these instructions are in compliance with the terms set by the binding agreement.
- Processes assigned non-routine loan activities such as purchases, refinancing, amendment, termination and sale. Establishes new customers and facilities in Loantel/Nicotel, ATLAS, and Loan Management Systems, as necessary.
- Monitors and applies incoming fees and interest payments. Investigates cash discrepancies associated with the responsible accounts. Claims compensation when necessary and follows up on reconciliation file.
- Ensures that all cash movements are properly recorded on Cash Position Sheet and reported to Funds Transfer and other relevant departments according to the procedure. Conducts daily nostro reconciliation.
- Prepares various Information Sheets, tickets and confirmation forms for JCF transactions based on written instructions once deal is established.
- Handles back-office operations for bonds acquired by Lending Group. This includes: capturing new bond products in Loantel and ATLAS systems, processing purchase, sale, redemption and coupon payments as well as timely funding of floating bonds.
- Prepares various reports as requested by the supervisors.
- Reports irregularities to the Supervisor(s) and/or Department Manager on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High school diploma.
- 0-2 years of experience in either banking operations or bookkeeping.
- Basic accounting knowledge and good mathematical aptitude.
- Proficiency with PC in business-related applications.
- Bilingual oral and written skills on a business level in both English and Japanese.
$80K - $90K
$60K - $70K base, Medical, Dental, Disability, Vacation, 401K bonus