DLA Piper LLP (US) is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results oriented people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Financial Accountant, we want to hear from you!
This position is located in the Reston, VA office and relocation is available in accordance with the firm's policy.
The Accounting team is a collaborative and talented team of finance and accounting professionals who help the firm make business decisions by providing accurate and actionable financial information.
The team ensures the accuracy of the firm's financial records and provides insight and recommendations on the financial position of the firm to senior leadership.
The Accounting department is a fast-paced environment. Our expectations and goals are high, and so is the level of teamwork: when it comes to meeting goals, we take an all-hands-on-deck approach. We also offer the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects, outside of the cyclical accounting routine, that will challenge and provide career growth.
- College course work in accounting and/or finance
- Ability to fluently communicate in English and Spanish clearly and professionally
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Highly proficient in Excel databases, PowerPoint, Word and accounting software applications
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- CPA qualified or actively working towards completion of CPAqualification
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Experience with accounting software, such as Elite
What will your day look like?
Your typical day will be spent assisting with general ledger analysis reconciling numerous bank accounts, reporting and daily posting of journal entries and transactions via web reports. You will gather data to assist with annual operating budgets to provide a budget variance report for review. Additional duties include preparing annual audit and tax return schedules, and assisting with analysis and reporting of compensation. All data gathered will be condensed into final presentations and proposals for leadership meetings.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.