Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Bilingual DV Mental Health Therapist to join our North Center Team!
The therapist will provide a range of services to survivors of domestic violence and their children who have witnessed domestic violence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Does comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services. Does intake as assigned.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational, and related services.
- Learns and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Complies with agency recordkeeping expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field required.
- Must have applied to take LSW examination.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires travel and evening hours to provide services.
- Must have access to a vehicle, proof of insurance and valid driver’s license to perform essential job functions.
- Bilingual preferred.
- 40 hour domestic violence training is required.
- Illinois Certified Domestic Violence Professional Preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.