KidsPeace - Bethlehem, PA
The Bilingual Senior Clinician is by and large liable for oversight and coordination of scientific services provided to assigned customers, including the provision of individual, group and family therapy. The Senior Clinician also affords training on scientific issues to different team of workers as necessary and assists other sites on medical troubles when wished.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
- Within assigned Program site, provide clinical services and individual, group and family therapy using appropriate approaches, techniques and interventions.
- Participate in treatment planning, discharge and aftercare planning.
- Complete timely, effective and accurate documentation including, but not limited to bio-psychosocial and safety assessments.
- Make sound clinical decisions and judgments while advocating for client needs.
- Maintain regular communication withinternal and external customers and provide psycho-education as necessary to appropriate customers.
- Co-manage the therapeutic environment by working with youth care supervisors to ensure the coordinated care of clients; Recommend program and treatment strategies and consult on client issues. Facilitate meetings and mentor co-workers on clinical care and treatment issues
- Involvement in at least one center wide committee or work group, preferable in a leadership role,and work with all referral/funding sources relevant to program.
- Serve as a Practicum Instructor for clinical interns and provide a minimum of ten hours of clinical inservice training annually.
- Perform all program or state specific job duties as assigned.
- Clinical – Maintains advanced clinical knowledge in a minimum of three areas appropriate to area of responsibility, including, but not limited to establishing therapeutic relationships, termination issues, psychopathology, and medications. Also able to plan, implement and document effective treatment through various modalities, including individual, group and familytherapy.
- Communication – Able to give clear information, orally and in writing; listen effectively; negotiate; and obtain unbiased information. Able to complete written communication requirements including, but not limited to case planning and behavior modification planning in both English and Spanish
- Customer Service – Able to effectively liaison withinternal and external customers and interact with a professional, personal demeanor.
- Time Management – Able to establish priorities for successful and timely completion of work responsibilities.
- Teamwork – Able to organize the area of responsibility, form teams to accomplish tasks, identify opportunities to work withothers, and create a harmonious, productive work environment. Able to establish professional role boundaries, to include setting limits with clients, co-workers and customers.
- Developing People – Able to mentor Level I and Level II Clinicians and serve as Practicum instructor for interns. Also assist Lead Clinician in providing supervision hours to other clinicians who are working toward licensure.
- Interdepartmental Cooperation – Able to form working relationships withothers outside the area of responsibility, analyze problem areas or areas of potential cooperation, and work effectively on common concerns
- Compliance – Understands and rigorously follows all of the compliance policies and procedures of KidsPeace.
Qualifications (Education, Training and Experiences):
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Human Services or related field required. Appropriate licensure required.
- Minimum of 5years post master's experienceworking with children/adolescents and experiencewith major psychiatric diagnosis. Prior experience providing individual, group and family therapy, managing an individual caseload and providing clinical and treatment team leadership. Experienceworking with3+ different client populations.
- Minimum of 15 annual hours of continuing clinical training, outside of KidsPeace corporate training required; Leadership training preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position.
Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activities for extended periods of time with some exposure to environmental conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinician: 5years