PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and executes the banking centers’ sales activities to achieve goals set in consumer and small business products and services sales; allocates appropriate activity expectations and production goals; conducts sales meetings, makes business calls, leads teleconsulting efforts, conducts team huddles, conducts product knowledge clinics; ensures plans achieve proper financial growth objectives; Opens accounts and processes loan applications. Fosters an environment of consultative and ethical sales practices, ensure the Needs Assessment requirement process is executed by team members.
- Ensures staff activities, processes and behaviors are aligned to deliver an exemplary experience; leads the efforts to recover from customer service breaks and escalates issues to leadership when appropriate; reviews Client Experience results and enacts plans to improve.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager including on-boarding, performance appraisals, salary recommendations, coaching and corrective action. Communicate directives from upper management and translates into action items. Ensures compliance to regulations, policies and procedures. Fosters a work environment that creates engaged employees. Active in the recruiting, hiring, on boarding, training, coaching and development of staff; Directly coaches and develops the Assistant Banking Center Manager; Works with the Assistant Banking Center Manager to coach and develop the Relationship Bankers and Tellers; Leads employees to achieve or exceed stated business objectives.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with representatives of other Bank lines of business; ensure clients are introduced to the appropriate partner to have their financial needs met. Position banking center team members to effectively sell the total Bank.
- Ensures the banking centers are in compliance with established operating policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of consumer financial products and services. Full technical knowledge of core branch banking products and working knowledge of non-core products.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of applicable consumer laws and government regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of sales management techniques and concepts.
- Excellent client service, relationship building and business development skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability to coach employees for improved performance.
- Ability to make quality management decisions.
- Ability to motivate others and demonstrate good team building skills.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field and 3 – 5 years experience in a management/supervisory capacity in a financial institution, or equivalent experience of 5 – 7 years. Candidate must meet minimum language requirements in designated second language.
Similar positions include: Financial Center Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Service Manager,