In addition to our government services area, SC3 provides cutting-edge competitive intelligence and strategic management consulting to commercial clients. Private industry leaders from the financial, health care, manufacturing and other sectors turn to SC3 to ensure that they have access to the most relevant, current, and strategically important information – not only to grow their businesses, but also to protect them.
This role performs the function of architect and subject matter expert during BIGFIX implementation and patching activities. The SME must demonstrate deep understanding of enterprise security best practices and procedures, in addition to expertise with BIGFIX. This role requires expert knowledge of information security topics, system architecture, network topology and reporting. . Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish project goals. The SME performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The SME works in a remote, collaborative team environment and will provided advice and assistance, participate in in requirements gathering sessions, solution design improvements, patch deployment, reporting and lessons learned. The SME demonstrates an understanding of enterprise security and patching best practices and procedures and advises on the best use of BIGFIX to achieve program objectives.
- Provide advice and assistance to the team to ensure that best practices for using BIGFIX are established and followed.
- Help plan and manage the BIGFIX product lifecycle on appropriate infrastructure.
- Assist with performing technical analysis of patch plans and results debugging and other operational metrics
- Collaborate in the ongoing development of incumbent staff.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field, military, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of IT technical/securityexperience
- Experience in the implementation, operation and sustainment of BIGFIX
- Able to act independently and exercise good judgment as well as the ability to work cross functionally in a remote, virtual team environment is essential
- Possess sufficient subject matter expertise in BIGFIX environments with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services in core BIGFIX components.
- Platform Infrastructure and Components
- Security Compliance Analytics
- Security Compliance Fundamentals
- Security Checklist
- Non-compliance remediation
- Knowledge of core Information Security concepts related to vulnerability patching Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure (network and servers), services and security policies
- Demonstrated understanding of internal security controls
- Proven ability to assess risks and controls and identify opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment for results and the ability to set priorities and manage multiple and concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Expert knowledge of information security topics, system architecture and Internet technology
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- One or more BIGFIX Certifications, including
- IBM Certified Administrator – BIGFIX Inventory and License Metric Tool
- IBM Certified Administrator- BIGFIX Lifecycle
- DHS CDM compliance tool environments, interdependencies and reporting requirements
- Public Trust Level 2S- moderate background investigation.
- Solid understanding of best practice control frameworks and regulatory requirements:
- NIST 800-53
- ISO 27001/2