BigData Technical Lead
11 - 15 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for BigData ?Technical ?Lead for our client in Princeton?, ?NJ
Job Title: ??BigData ?Technical ?Lead
Job Location: Princeton?, ?NJ
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- ??The Big Data Architect will be responsible for architecture and design of Big data based??scalable solutions.
- The individual will be responsible for overlooking functional and non-functional requirements in the solution and mentoring team with technological expertise??and decisions.
Experience, Duties and responsibilities:
- 10+ years of software development experience using multiple computing languages.
- Experience building large scale distributed data processing systems/applications or large-scale internet systems (cloud computing).
- Previous experience and exposure to architecture and design preferably on J2EE stack
- Sound knowledge and understanding of best practices and concepts of Data Warehouse??Applications
- Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing??systems in general. Hands-on engineering skills.
- Experience with a range of big dataarchitectures, including OpenStack, Hadoop, Hbase ,Pig,??Hive, Apache SOLR or otherbig data frameworks.
- Broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL data stores, data??modeling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead initiatives and people toward common goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Architect, design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to collect and process very large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), including streaming real-time data
- Work closely with customer to provide optimal solutions to their problems
- Work closely across an array of teams and organizations in the company and industry (including partners)
- Accept responsibility/accountability for assigned tasks
- Break problems into manageable pieces and follow an organized approach to resolve them
- Plan tasks to create deliverables and effectively execute that plan with little direction from supervisor
- Work effectively in fast-paced, team-oriented, rapidly changing environment
- Promptly recognize emerging problems, identify potential solutions, and seek help from others when necessary
- Deliver high-quality results on time
- Show willingness and ability to increase contribution and level of responsibility and proactively seek to do so.
- Education: Bachelor of Engineering /Master of Computer Science/ Master of Science from premier institutes
- Skills: Big Data, Distributed Systems, J2EE. (Python and R packages are essential and good-to-know)?